Recruitment data privacy statement
Recruitment Data Privacy Statement
Information you give us
When you visit www.msichoices.org/careers you may be asked to provide certain information yourself, including your name, contact details, date of birth and job history. Some of the information is mandatory in order for MSI to consider an application for a vacancy or meet its statutory monitoring and reporting responsibilities. However, where indicated, some of the information is optional and you can choose not to complete.
We automatically receive and save certain types of information whenever you interact with this website. We use the information to monitor website traffic and to assist with the navigation and user experience of the website. Information that we will automatically receive includes:
– Requested URL (Uniform Resource Locator)
– IP (Internet Protocol) address (this may or may not identify a specific computer)
– Domain name from which you access the internet
– Referring URL
– Software (browser/operating system) used to access the page
– Date and time pages were visited
Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment process and used for anonymised reporting purposes. Data entered as part of an application is stored in the system and will be made available to an applicant to ‘reuse’ as part of a future application. Please be aware that MSI uses a third party supplier to hold the information you submit. The third party company complies with MSI’s security policy and therefore will not share your data with anyone other than MSI. In the event of your application resulting in the offer and your acceptance of a position at MSI, your personal information will be sent to and held in MSI’s staff database.
Data Protection Legislation
MSI is your data controller. As your data controller, MSI has notified its activities to the Office of the Information Commissioner as required under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and is listed in the Public Register of Data Controllers. Personal information will only be collected and/or processed by MSI in accordance with the Act.
Disclosure of your information
The information you provide to us will be held on third party supplier computers in the UK who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy. They may provide support services to MSI or on MSI’s behalf. Except as set out in this policy or as required by law, your personal data will not be provided to any third party without your prior written consent.
Data Protection Statement
The personal data you provide in your application and as part of the recruitment process will only be held and processed for the purpose of the selection processes of MSI and in connection with any subsequent employment or placement, unless otherwise indicated. Your data will be retained only for as long as is permitted by UK legislation and then destroyed.
By submitting your personal data and application, you:
– Declare that you have read, understood and accepted the statements set out in this data protection clause;
– Declare that the information given in the application is complete and true to the best of your knowledge, and understand that deliberate omissions and incorrect statements could lead to your application being rejected or to your dismissal;
– Give your consent to the processing of the information contained in this application and any other personal data you may provide separately in the manner and to the extent described; and
– Authorise MSI to verify or have verified on their behalf all statements contained in this application and to make any necessary reference checks.
Unsuccessful applicant data will be held within the recruitment system for a period of two years before being deleted in order that you can access and re-use data in future applications and we can respond to statutory reporting requests. Successful applicant data will be deleted after a period of seven years